Friday, January 20, 2017

Heavenly mansion

During my recent trip to the Philippines, we visited a mansion where we had a lunch. It was a really lovely place with a special atmosphere. It was warm weather that day, but not too hot, and the mansion was encircled by various topical plants. In the first room we entered, there was an old, wooden statue of Jesus extending His hand. The mansion consisted of several somewhat interconnected buildings, with small garden areas in-between and a bit secret places to discover. While others sat down on the table and started to consider what to order, I took time to go out and explore the place. Going farther away, I saw a nice tropical resting place. It was a bit out of reach, but lovely to behold. I took time to appreciate plants, especially the ones with flowers. There was one particular part of mansion which was decorated, but apparently not occupied yet. It was semi-open with view on tropical forest, and there were two white ceiling lamps and roof of ivies. It felt like a special, secret meeting place.
Later as I thought about the mansion more upon return, my imaginations were captured by something heavenly. In the realm of the Spirit, I found myself re-entering the same place as my heavenly home. In the first room, there were some things prepared by Jesus especially for me. In the vase, there are red and white wild snapdragon flowers, the kind that were growing near to my childhood place of living and which I often admired. Next to the mirror, in the jewelry box, there are rings which I collected as a young girl, but once lost them all at once. On the shelf, there are DVD’s from every church service during 2004-2005 where I participated, playing guitar and singing. Those were never recorded on earth, but as it turns out, kept well by the Heavenly Father. I can look back at any of those services and cherish the time spent worshipping Him. The souvenirs of earthy walk long lost and unattainable, tokens of love showed by God and people will be safely stored to enjoy in our heavenly home. God is the only One who has been there all the time, who has seen it all and knows things precious and dear to our hearts. What would be your special things you want to see, smell and experience again? In that place, all pain and disappointment is gone. All weariness and stress - no more.
Many years ago, heavenly feelings were also awakened in me when looking at a tropical holiday home picture on the side of the ocean. I cut the picture from the catalogue, put it in a frame and kept in bathroom for some time. Surely it will be more than we can imagine, and the presence of God Himself is the greatest benefit of heaven. However, I believe that at times the Holy Spirit captures our imagination to give us a little bit of taste how it will be. Referring to Max Lucado, “Care of Jesus touches you in deepest places, giving you comfort, assurance, and peace. The same Jesus has gone ahead, and is preparing a place for you. He is the architect of your heavenly home – it’s builder and interior decorator too. He knows your secret woes also knows your hearts desires. He knows your favorite color, your favorite flower, your favorite views. He knows what will delight you. He knows how to surprise you. He knows what you’ve always longed for. And in His infinite care, He prepares the perfect place for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment