Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Caring for others


This is the final part of my address at ladies’ retreat in Dongshan on April 28

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.” The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.” (John 21, 15-17)
Here we see a dialogue between Jesus and Peter, when He asks if Peter loves Him more than others. First thing that is obvious from this is that not everyone loves Jesus the same; some love Him more than others. There are many ways to show love to Jesus. I once heard a preacher is buying a rose for Jesus and then worships Him. I like to burn incense as sweet fragrance for Jesus when I pray. But one important way to show love for Jesus is taking care of other believers. Because we are here and take active part in things of God, there is a big chance we are the ones who love Him more than others. But with that, there comes responsibility given by Jesus: “Feed my lambs. Take care of My sheep. Feed my sheep.”
Let’s hear the spirit blessings by Arthur Bruk and Sylvia Gunther again: “Spirit, your Father has a purpose for you. I bless you with being everything God designed you to be. As you fulfill your purpose, you will benefit, others will benefit, and the world will be blessed. I bless you with knowing the things your Father has called you to know and doing the things He has called you to do. I bless you with being able to carry out God’s work with honor, peace and joy. I bless you with not wasting time or effort doing things God has not called you to do. I celebrate the beauty God has nurtured in you. I bless you in the name of Creator God. Spirit, your culture is yearning and crying out for something more than religion or churchliness – the legitimate powerful presence of God. I bless you with desperate hunger and thirst for bringing the manifest glory of God to your community. I bless you with vision and anointing to see what is necessary to prepare the way. I bless you with seeing outside your religious traditions. I bless you with ability to sing the song of gospel in a different key, doing no harm to the Word or message that must remain unchanged. I bless you in the name of the glory of Israel.”


No comments:

Post a Comment