Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Leading women into experiencing Jesus

 

Last December we finished up studying “Breaking Free” by Beth Moore in our women’s group. As I was reflecting on that while being by myself, with the eyes of my spirit I saw our women’s ministry as resting on some pillars, which are not many. They looked like pillars that support structures in Roman or Greek architecture, and I saw that I am one of these pillars. That affected me in a way that I started to take more active attitude and felt authorized by God in doing so. When it was asked who want to lead one of the groups in next term, I approached our leader and said that I would. I was not sure how leading will work out with having own toddler around for meetings, but I felt I need to step up at this point. Despite some hesitation that I felt, there was swelling in my Spirit to contribute certain things that I felt were lacking. I had not been leaning a group on consistent basis since my undergraduate student times. I felt Jesus has done in me a lot in the meantime, and I can now do it in a different quality already. It was my desire to bring the presence of Jesus and spiritual breakthroughs that Jesus wants to see in our women. Out of available materials, I was lead to select “Experiencing the heart of Jesus” by Max Lucado. I felt that this study was suitable for our women in this season and that I can share personally on the subjects touched upon in the study. I have been seriously searching Jesus for years and I had also good supplementary materials from various sources to share from my notebooks.
The days before starting a group were somewhat a struggle, as I wondered how it all will work out. But the first meeting went really well, and we were eight persons in total at first. Later, six of those were the ones attending regularly. We had a nice mix of nationalities – Latvia, UK, Korea, Singapore, South Africa, and USA, and China. While doing the study, ladies found relevant parts of material speaking to them and addressing their needs. When appropriate, I tried to identify some deeper issues or strongholds that the participants have, and then we would spend more time in praying for a particular person in the group under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and saw how that touched them and made difference. Burdens were lifted and more freedom and joy came. I was often feeling pretty spent after these meetings, but I knew that God is at work. About midterm into our study, one of the participants reported wonderful visitation of the Lord in the dream. It ministered heavenly scent to us, joy in Him, as well as need to share that with other women. I saw clearly that this lady is starting to connect with Jesus and the Holy Spirit in a new and living way. Also another lady in our group shared a vision that was personally meaningful to her and was very moving to hear. I plan to write a separate blog post about these special encounters a bit later. At times I struggled to keep it together when all of us were present and there were five toddlers around, but overall there was grace to manage these meetings in a meaningful way. Over time, I also needed to learn how to balance vigilance with patience – to accept that some changes do not occur right away and that God may have own timing in bringing breakthroughs to women. We powered through the ten lessons of the study, each consisting of material for 5 days at a pretty high speed and intensity during the spring term of 2017.
Towards the end of our study, as I reviewed one of my notebooks, I found prophesy I had written down after prayer conference with Michael Kimuli in Turku, Finland, which happened before my moving to China. I had somehow forgotten it, but after reading it written out, I got further assurance that I am on the right track. It said: “The Lord is sending you to China for a ministry. I see many disciples following you. You will be like Ruth, and you will be satisfied.” I could see how I have stepped into fulfillment of this prophesy lately, and I do feel satisfaction. We are planning to continue with “To live is Christ” by Beth Moore in the autumn term. 

No comments:

Post a Comment