Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Cable connecting me to heaven



 
Spring semester of 2002 I spent in an exchange in Karlstad, Sweden. I sought out local Christian student movement contacts, and its leader also invited me to his church. I got to know that it was a Pentecostal church, but at that point, I did not mind. We had a satellite at home and I had been watching Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) and seen happenings in various churches. I also have been studying the Bible diligently and felt that God will make me able to distinguish if something is not right. While being at that church, I noticed that some people were praying in tongues. I asked one of the new friends about it, but felt I would not want to let someone pray for me about this matter. I was afraid of the possible loss of control and what might happen. The friend, however, encouraged me that I can also pray about this and receive this myself. 
So one weekend when it was very quiet at the dorms and I was all by myself in my room, I prayed and waited. Nothing happened. I did the same next evening. However, then suddenly I felt strong presence of God, so real I was afraid to open my eyes. After some time, I received one word, meaning of which I did not know and was prompted to say it aloud. It took some time, for me to do it however, I was struggling and even sweating, but as I did, a river of a new language started to flow freely. In the meantime, I saw visions of Jesus walking in some familiar places to me – on the second floor of my parent’s house and near the culture center in my hometown (our little Pentecostal church would later hold its services there for some period). Next morning I went to the university and on the way I felt very much different than before. I was praying inside in the new language and felt as if there is a cable connecting me to heaven now. My spiritual boundaries had increased, as if the spiritual room I am living in has been greatly expanded and there is much more space and light. 
On one occasion later on when my best friend in Sweden prayed for me, I saw healing power flowing to me from the cross and also a white bird flying out of a very thick and black cage. Later I found that if I was feeling down or stressed, I did not go as low as before if I started to pray in tongues. Praying this way was building me up from inside. It was also good to pray in tongues when at times lacking words in prayer or not being sure what and how to pray in given situation. Praying in tongues then is like being a child in front of God and the Spirit of God prays on your behalf. Afterwards in different periods of my life I have at times prayed in tongues more, sometimes less, and mostly when I am on my own, but I still do it and it is still helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment