Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Open door and Jesus joining hands



In the summer of 2005, I had an opportunity to visit twinning town of Aluksne in Finland, Kuopio for a one week language course. Before travel, I prayed with my face on the ground. I felt being in front of something big that is going to happen. As the course started, I found myself sitting next to a Chinese guy. We needed to practice in pairs with him during the course, which gave us opportunity to get to know each other a bit. Jian seemed a pleasant person, and I started to pray for him during my quiet times in mornings. Once I needed to transfer pictures from my camera and I asked if he can help me to do it somewhere on a computer. He took me to his place for that and cooked a dinner which really impressed me. I also saw several Bibles in his room and a picture of word Agape (unconditional, selfless love in ancient Greek) in frame. Jian said he got the picture from a Christian summer camp and the Bibles from local church. 
Next day after the lesson, we went for a walk. We passed by Kuopio main church building. As we entered it, there was wedding ceremony taking place which was curious coincidence and sort of sign. Later I introduced Jian to my mother who was also accompanying me in this travel. We went for a dinner at a Chinese restaurant and took a boat on Kuopio lake. After that, we still noticed a music event going on near the coast of the lake. My mother went back to the place of stay, but Jian and me stayed and danced away the night. It felt at home and easy to be with Jian. In the morning, we said goodbye. I needed to leave already the same day. Nothing was very certain at that point, but we kept in touch. 
On the way back to Latvia, I did some sightseeing with my mother in Helsinki. When we were in the Orthodox cathedral of Helsinki, I saw a big open door in my spirit. Later on I understood that it referred to my relationship with Jian and living in Finland. 

 
As we kept in touch, once I saw a vision of me and Jian sitting on the sofa in my apartment, with Jesus in between us holding our hands and joining them together. At the end of that year, Jian visited me in Latvia with his two friends. We attended a Christian New Year’s camp and then went to my hometown where we had various activities and sightseeing. One evening Jian gave me the most beautiful rose I have ever seen – it was huge, dark red, and sprinkled with sparkles. I had in turn prepared True love waits ring for him. As I handed it to Jian, it carried great symbolic meaning in his eyes and was a clear signal for the start of being in a relationship. We prayed and he was holding me for a long time as we listened to worship music on the same sofa where I had seen Jesus uniting our hands. Jian said that he felt deep peace. 
As he left to the place where he and his friends stayed, I accompanied him to downstairs. There was a moment of uneasiness, but suddenly the light which was working on sensor switched off and we kissed for the first time. I feel that moment was orchestrated by God. Before Jian left my hometown, he also kissed me in one of the least romantic places imaginable – in midst of double door of Aluksne bus station. Strangely, we were also disturbed by an older man who begged money from Jian. Anyways,  gloomy bus station seemed to gain a whole new vibe. I later heard that Jian was so touched that he cried on the bus while going away. I have never seen him crying during upcoming 10 years of knowing him. In spring, we went to China together and got engaged. There was blessing of engagement in a church and dinner with relatives. We visited each other few more times during that year in Latvia and Finland, and got married next Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment